Home / FAQ
Visitors Admission #BWIPS2024
For General Admission, you don’t have to worry about long lines/queues or delayed entry. To make your experience even more convenient, we offer the option to buy tickets now. Avoid the hassle of carrying cash by pre-paying online through the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show #BWIPS2024 General Admission website page. Simply visit the website page and secure your tickets in advance, ensuring a smooth entry upon arrival.
Can’t purchase in advance? No worries! You can also buy tickets at the show registration table when you arrive. We strive to make attending the pen show as effortless as possible, and this includes providing you with various options to obtain your General Admission pass.
So don’t wait any longer – secure your tickets now and get ready for a fantastic pen and stationery extravaganza!
Friday $15.00, Saturday $15.00, Sunday $10, and all three days $35. Children under 13 free!
Date: March 1-2-3, 2024
What to Expect at the #BWIPS2024
Browse more than 150 tables of writing instruments and accessories! This event brings together vendors from across the United States and distributors representing brands worldwide. Whether you are a collector, enthusiast, or simply looking for the perfect writing gift, this is the ultimate opportunity to explore a vast selection of top-quality products. From fountain pens to mechanical pencils, ink refills to leather pen cases, you will find everything you need to enhance your writing experience and showcase your personal style. Don’t miss out on this exclusive event – secure your tickets now and immerse yourself in the world of writing instruments and accessories.
- Stationery and writing instrument retail stores showcasing modern writing instruments of all kinds.
- Online stores featuring classic and modern writing instruments.
- Distributors representing global brands of writing instruments.
- Award-winning designers of writing instruments.
- Retail stores and online companies offering vintage marketing materials, and ephemera going back as far as the early 1800s.
- Dealers specializing in vintage writing instruments using an array of filling mechanisms that goes back to the late 1800s: Eyedroppers, Pump, Twist, Crescent, Vacumatic, Pneumatics, Snorkels, Button, Lever, Bulb, Plunger, Touchdown, Piston, Capillary, Blow-fillers, and more!
- Restoration services for vintage writing instruments.
- Historians and published authors of writing instruments and associated ephemera.
- Independent writing instrument makers.
- Nibmeisters offering customized services for the writing characteristics of your fountain pen nibs and ink flow.
- Established pen repairers.
- Bottled inks in any color you can imagine from all over the world.
- Refills for every kind of writing instrument.
- Fountain pen-friendly paper, note pads and cards.
- Writing accessories – pen stands, sealing wax, inkwells, letter openers, blotters, and much more!
- Pipes, lighters, and vintage tobacco.
- 3D-printed premium fountain pens.
- Hand-forged wrought iron decorative items for the home, lawn, and garden.
- Handmade dip pen holders.
- Vintage dip nibs.
- Writing instrument storage – single pen case, pen wraps, storage to house 100+ of your cherished pens.
- Pen protectors that fit in your pocket.
- You can even find pens launched during your family and friends’ birth year!
- Pure chocolate by Jinji.
- 3D Pop-Up Cards Art.
- Classes & Seminars – a great way to learn more about the art of writing, calligraphy, the history of pen brands, and much more.
Attending Your First Show? #BWIPS2024
The Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show is not just an event, it’s a multiple of experiences waiting to be explored. Come and enjoy! As a first-time attendee, prepare yourself for an overwhelming sensation as you step into a ballroom packed with excitement, humming with enthusiasm. Picture a grand space with over 150 dealer tables, each showcasing an extensive collection of modern and vintage writing instruments that will captivate your imagination. Thousands upon thousands of pens, glorious in their uniqueness, beckoning you to sample their smooth writing lines and elegant designs. But it doesn’t stop there. Your senses will be further delighted by seeing hundreds of ephemera, inks of every shade imaginable, fountain pen-friendly paper, and an enchanting array of writing accessories. The possibilities are vast, and your options are endless. So join us at the annual Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show, immerse yourself in this magnificent gathering, make new friends, and prepare to embark on a journey that will leave you zealous and inspired. Come and enjoy!
- Make a list. Before you travel to the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show, consider putting together a ‘Wish & Want’ list for writing instruments, inks, paper, accessories, pen cases, etc. Wish: pens you have seen online or in a magazine but never held. Want: items to purchase.
- Set a budget. The joy of putting a pen collection together is to take your time, meet people with a mutual love of writing instruments and appreciate the process!
- Factor In Your Comfort. Your personal comfort is of utmost importance. However, hours or days spent wandering the aisles at the Baltimore/Washington International Pen show may tire you. Therefore, choose clothing and footwear that is comfortable enough to wear for long periods.
- Go to the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show early. The show floor will be less crowded, increasing the likelihood of purchasing from your list before someone else buys it.
- Name Badge. Upon show admittance, you will be given a name badge to wear. Please wear your name badge and keep it visible to our show security staff.
- Always ask permission before touching or picking up a product from the dealer’s table.
- Do not feel pressured to rush past the dealer’s tables. The Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show hosts hundreds of friendly dealers, many of which are passionate about their products and happy to answer your questions.
- Desensitivity and sensory overload. Take regular breaks outside the showroom to sit, rest, hydrate, and eat food. Doing this will help you continue enjoying the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show without being overwhelmed.
- Check out our scheduled Classes & Seminars. While some classes (such as calligraphy) may charge a nominal materials fee, free seminars will be available with proof of admission.
- Make new friends. In addition to the hustle and bustle of the thriving Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show ballroom, you will see groups of fellow pen people relaxing in the hotel lobby, bars, and restaurants, enthusiastically sharing their knowledge and showing their collection of new purchases.
- Socialize and have fun! Pen Shows After Dark is a popular after-hours party full of people that share the same passion as you do!! Giveaways and other fun activities are all part of the fun.
Seminars & Workshops #BWIPS2024
Come and enjoy! All events at the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show 2024 will be posted on the Seminars and Workshops website page. However, please note that certain events may have limited availability attendance. To ensure your spot, we strongly advise registering your interest as soon as possible. Don’t miss out on these exciting opportunities!
To attend any of the seminars and workshops, a show pass is required. You can easily obtain your access pass online by completing your registration. So, mark your calendars and get ready for an amazing experience at the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show 2024. We can’t wait to see you there!
What payments do Exhibitors accept?
Not all exhibitors are set up to process credit cards or electronic payments. Some exhibitors may only accept cash because of factors like the price of their products and credit card fees. Don’t let this discourage you though, as the event promises a diverse range of exhibitors offering unique products and services.
- Bring your own cash – hotel ATMs run out of cash quickly during shows and typically are not replenished during the weekend.
- If you wish to pay by card, you may want to notify your charge card company that you are going to an event that features multiple vendors from many states, so your account is not suspected due to fraud.
Pen Show Hours #BWIPS2024
When does the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show 2024 opens to the public?
The show opens at 11 AM on Friday, 10 AM on Saturday, and 10 AM on Sunday for General Admission passes.
When does the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show 2024 close to the public?
For General Admission, the show closes at 6 PM on Friday, 5 PM on Saturday, and 4 PM on Sunday. Some exhibitors may continue doing business outside the showroom as late as they wish.
How to Register for the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show 2024
Choice of options:
1. Print your registration form through the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show 2024 registration form page
2. Register online through the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show 2024 registration online page
Upon completion of registration and receipt of payment, your name will be added to the list of Exhibitors. When you arrive at the show, your name badge(s) will be available at the registration desk along with the show packet.