• Vendor Name: Harold Kahn
• Business Name: Harold’s Bright Idea Vintage & Contemporary Writing Implements.
• State/Country: New York, USA
• Phone, Email: (917) 923-9114 email@example.com
• Brands/Description of your products/Services: Vintage & Contemporary Writing Implements ranging from fountain pens, rollerball pens, ballpoint pens from such brands as Parker, Montblanc, Waterman, Eversharp, Montegrappa, Sheaffer, Esterbrook, Pilot, Platinum, Sailor, Aurora, Krone, Conklin, Cross, Wearever, plus many others. Along with advertising pencils/pens, Mr. Peanut pencils, pencil sharpeners, combination pen-pencils, desk sets, dip pens & nibs, ink wells, pen/pencil cases and display cases and print ad ephemera.
• How long have you been active in the fine writing industry and accessories? Long time collector and restorer, not as long as a vendor.
• About your business/ What was your inspiration, and how did it get started? Early on the show that I attended as a vendor happened to be held over Halloween, so I wore a hat with a light bulb on top and when I made a sale I turned the light on. Hence the inspiration for the name of my business HAROLD’S BRIGHT IDEA.
• What do you think sets your products/services apart from other vendors/exhibitors? Besides the variety of items on sale, it is the willingness to spend the time to work with each customer to explain and assist in their understanding of the item/s that they are interested in.
• What advice would you offer to first-time attendees of the 2024 BWIPS? Attending a large show, and even a small show for the first time, attendees can find the variety and size of the displays to be overwhelming. So, prior to the show make a plan as to what your goals are and set a realistic budget for yourself. When you arrive, do look around at the offerings of the various vendors tables. Ask questions about items you may be interested in and but always ask before picking the item up. And if you see something you like, ‘don’t not purchase it’, because you did not see the whole show, because by the time you have walked around to do so you will only confuse yourself, forget where that item you liked was, spent your whole budget for the show and will not have purchased that item which first caught your interest and you really wanted.
You can view a vast selection of Harold’s Bright Idea writing instruments in person at the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show 2024.
Buying your admission tickets in advance for the Baltimore/Washington International Pen Show 2024 will save valuable time—no more standing in long lines or wasting precious moments of your day.
We look forward to seeing you soon!